Tuesday 1 October 2013

Say yes to crop tops for fall!


Do not put away those crop tops just yet ladies because they aren't just for summer! Fall is the season of layering where it gets more fun and stylish by mixing lighter materials with thicker fall pieces together. Like most of you fashionistas out there, I'm just too addicted to cute crop tops. I'm going to find a way to wear them even during winter haha! I recently added two more to my crop top collection, and I thought it was a perfect time for me to show you how I would style crop tops for chillier weather. 
Both crop tops are from Untitled & Co 

Tropical kimono over dusty olive colour crop top with semi metallic leggings creates a dressy casual look for any type of day. Since the kimono has a lot of movement, colour, and subtle details like the ball fringes, I kept the accessory simple with a silver V necklace. Also, the contrasting materials between the silky kimono and the velvet crop top keep the outfit interesting. 
I am wearing: Nasty Gal tropical kimono, Durumi Apparel semi metallic leggings, Urban Planet "calm down" flats, Forever21 silver V necklace and Burberry aviator sunglasses.










Next, I have a perfect beer-at-patio-with-my-best-friends kind of outfit!  The summery feel of the watermelon crop top and high-waisted denim shorts is toned down by the thick velvet(I'm not sure..) oversized shirt. The oversized shirt adds an extra layer that keeps me warm when the sun sets, but the shirt is breathable so that I don't sweat and lose comfort during the day.
I am wearing: Thrifted oversized burgundy shirt/jacket (it was 25 cents!!!), Durumi Apparel high-waisted denim shorts, Forever21 silver V necklace and transparent shoulder bag, TOPSHOP watch, Chocolate Shoes chunky platforms, and cat-eye sunglasses.



 (I have a serious b**ch face when I don't smile...)









No comments:

Post a Comment